Oxford was founded in 1960 and is a leading global development, real estate investment and management platform. Today, Oxford has global AUM of approximately C $ 50 billion, focused on 14 global gateway cities across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. It has built one of the world's largest and highest-quality real estate portfolios, comprising over 200 assets and totalling over 100 million sq. ft. of office, retail and industrial space, as well as 8,800 residential units and 2,900 hotel rooms. The company employs more than 2,000 talented individuals with a wide range of professional skills, a shared focus on real estate, and a passion for maximizing returns and actively growing the value of the company's assets.
Oxford is a vertically-integrated global real estate company with operations across North America, Europe & Asia Pacific. Oxford has a global matrix structure designed to promote global connectivity, standards and culture while allowing for local execution, flexibility and agility. Within Europe, Oxford operates three geographic businesses (UK, France and Germany) that aligns accountability of the holistic performance of any investments executed in those markets and who partner with corporate functions that report into global centres of excellence to drive strategic, operational and performance excellence.
The London office was set up in 2008 and has built up a portfolio of approximately €7.0 Bn of assets across London, Paris and Berlin with a focus on prime offices, multifamily residential and high street retail. The portfolio includes both income producing assets and development projects, several which are held through joint ventures with the likes of Union Investment, Brookfield, Delancey, The Crown Estate, Temasek, Richemont and Brockton Capital.
Oxford entered the Berlin market in October 2017 with its acquisition of the € 1.1bn Sony Center, a 112,000 SM prime office-led mixed-use asset. In conjunction with this investment, Oxford opened a local office employing a team of 9 asset management, investment, finance and marketing professionals and continues to grow to ensure the correct resources are in place to manage the existing portfolio and to plan for further expansion in the German market.
For more information please see www.oxfordproperties.com.
This role will work as part of Oxford's global finance team, supporting Oxford's German business and will be based in Oxford's Berlin office.
Key responsibilities include controlling, accounting, budgeting and reporting functions for the Sony Center and future German acquisitions, leading initiatives to streamline reporting and accounting processes between external property managers and Oxford, with an emphasis on leveraging digital solutions and leading other various strategic asset management initiatives related to enhancing the operation of Oxford's German business and assets.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for
Responsibility for Accounting supervision and Controlling for the Sony Center related companies and the German management company, working collaboratively with the Oxford Luxembourg team.
Specific responsibilities include oversight, support and key contact of external service providers (eg Property Manager, tax advisors, auditors, payroll providers, banks, etc) in the:
- Preparation of, quarterly and annual financial statements according to German GAAP;
- Detailed review of the financial statements;
- Transfer of results / reports to Oxford's centralized budgeting / reporting data base on a monthly basis
- Completion of property level variance analysis on a monthly basis to support Oxford's month-end close process and reporting to Oxford Luxembourg;
- Administration of payment transactions, authorized signatories and user rights in coordination with the Oxford Treasury department in Canada;
- Coordination of the year-end audit process; and
- Review and approval of monthly VAT returns and annual tax returns of all relevant tax types
II. Financial Planning & Analysis and Operational Support
Responsibility for the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, working closely with the Berlin Asset Management team and using Oxford's systems (ie, Excel, Argus, OxBiz, PowerBI, etc) including coordinating / oversight of:
- Asset Management team input / modeling of leasing and capital cost assumptions;
- Property management inputs / modeling (eg service charge costs and recovery, non-leasing capex costs and direct recharge projections);
- Finance cost inputs
- Straight line income / cost adjustments
- Final review / check of all figures
- Final formatting (eg in Excel / PPT, etc) and presentation of budgets (including, as required any back up explanations and / or variance analyzes) to Oxford Senior Management and external partners and lenders
- Implementation of final budgets into the Property Manager's accounting / reporting systems for future reporting requirements (as noted above)
· Participation in the overall portfolio cash forecasting and distribution cycle;
Supporting capital and / or development funding, as required;
Supporting the execution of German portfolio strategies, including supporting the European investment team on the execution of transactional activity; and
Assisting the German Asset Management teams with ad-hoc requests for information on the portfolio
III. Process Innovation and Controls
· Supporting cross-functional topics within asset management and technical / digitalization departments in the identification and implementation of digital, cloud-based solutions to drive operational efficiencies and data analytics to support in more-optimal, strategic decision making;
· Participation in projects with a focus on continuous improvement and making recommendations for efficiencies in day to day responsibilities; and
· Ensuring compliance with Oxford’s processes and controls
Successfully completed a business administration degree with the focus on accounting / controlling with German GAAP experience; at least 5 years professional experience in [accounting / controlling, ideally with a focus on real estate];
Knowledge of accounting in accordance with HGB (IFRS knowledge is desirable);
Experience and interest in using and implementing digital solutions related to accounting and reporting;
Highly proficient in MS Office, especially Excel;
Experience with ARGUS a plus;
Strong analytical, accounting and interpersonal skills
A proactive, solutions-oriented approach;
Strong customer service mindset;
A self-starter with the ability / comfort to work in a fast-paced environment
Collaborative and comfortable working within a small team and across other Oxford offices / teams via teleconferencing;
Fluent in English (both written and verbal);
Open to travel regularly to Luxembourg and London