Jamestown is a design-focused, vertically integrated real estate investment and management company with a 35+ year track record and $13.2 billion assets under management (AUM) as of September 30, 2022. Jamestown's mission is to transform spaces into innovation hubs and community centers. Jamestown Europe aims to acquire, revitalize, and operate large scale, historic industrial properties, bringing a unique brand of adaptive reuse development to the continent. Our European business is headquartered in Cologne, Germany and has offices in Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Lisbon and Milan. As of September 30, 2022, Jamestown Europe has approx. EUR 1.1 billion of AUM. Click here for more information.
Associate Architect - Associate Interior Architect
Our growing European business is looking for an Associate Architect to join our team in Amsterdam or Cologne. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Architecture for Jamestown Europe and will gain exposure to a variety of different markets across Europe as well as Jamestown’s vertically integrated teams, including Acquisitions, Asset Management, and Creative & Marketing. Majority of projects will be in The Netherlands but will need to assist the Lead Architect throughout entire portfolio.
- The job will require a diverse skill set. Main responsibilities, include:
- Support the Vice President, Architecture on all projects across the Jamestown Europe portfolio. These are mainly commercial, industrial, historical nature.
- Maintain a schedule of all ongoing projects, prioritization levels, and help ensure new requests are tracked and addressed.
- Prepare quick sketch renderings and rendered elevations to show concepts guided from Lead Architect.
- Ability to create a database of design research: FF&E to innovative materials to designers.
- Prepare space planning & test-fit layouts for varied uses under the guidance of the Lead Architect.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture.
- Work Experience: Two to five years of work experience in architecture, design, real estate, or a related field.
- Language Proficiency: Exceptional written and verbal communication in English. Dutch or German are a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and has a pro-active attitude
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; flexibility in changing conditions
- Experience in office, commercial uses
- Experience in space planning & furniture selection
- Experience in adaptive-reuse or renovation
- Experience in construction is ideal
- Ability to jump from one project to another under specific guidance
- Software Proficiency: Adobe Series, AutoCAD and Sketch Up experience
- Ability to start full-time; Availability to travel to different European countries is required.
- We offer flexible working hours and remote work. Ability to work independently and with remote teams is key.
- Jamestown Europe has a young, dynamic workforce and has grown quickly in two years to over 45 employees.
- We offer a corporate culture with flat hierarchies, direct communication channels and a high degree of diversity, counting more than 10 different nationalities across our team members.
- Jamestown Europe supports employee career growth and encourages continued education and development of new skills by facilitating cross-department collaboration.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter online https://jamestowneurope.jobs.personio.de/
Jamestown Europe GmbH • Marienburgerstr. 17 • 50968 Köln/ Cologne • Deutschland