LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with more than $70 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and over 900 employees in 15 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly owned but independent subsidiary of JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated), LaSalle is part of one of the biggest and leading professional services companies specializing in real estate. JLL stands for growth orientation, operational excellence, financial strength, premium brand, collaborative culture and high ethical standards, all to which LaSalle draws from. Being part of this network gives LaSalle unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders. LaSalle has the ambition, creativity and opportunity to be a global leader in technology-driven real estate investment management, and the successful candidate will have a key role in driving this transformation.
LaSalle offers specialised real estate services to meet changing client expectations and market conditions. With an established presence in, and an intimate knowledge of, local real estate and capital markets worldwide, LaSalle creates value for clients by addressing their local, regional and global needs as well as their broader business, strategic, operating and financial goals. LaSalle has innovative thought leadership and prides itself in a ‘client-first’ mentality, striving for exceptional client satisfaction through the highest level of services.
Team Overview: The fund management team is responsible for acting as a liaison for all other departments of the business with regard to the Fund. As such the role is both internal and external facing. It involves close teamwork with the Asset Management, Acquisition, Finance and Financing teams, as well as liaising with external service providers and the clients.
Role and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will support the fund team of our flagship open-ended commingled Spezialfund LaSalle E-REGI in the day-to-day administration and management. As of today, the fund has a size of more than 1.2bn € GAV spread over 27 assets in 8 European countries. With retail and hotel being strategically underweighted in the portfolio, it has not only proven very stable during the 2020 COVID-19-situation but has also significantly and consistently outperformed its benchmark since inception. The fund is still being marketed and LaSalle taking an active management approach. As such, the successful candidate will benefit from and gain experience in the entire investment-lifecycle, i.e. get insights in capital raising activities, acquisitions, dispositions and ongoing activities and projects in the existing portfolio.
The role is focused on the reporting & return analysis, i.e. modelling fund and asset returns and running scenarios analysis in order to support internal and external clients. The candidate must have a profound understanding of financial modelling based on Excel and ideally Argus and must have university degree. This role will also involve significant interaction with Asset Management and Acquisitions, but also with Investor Relations as well as external clients/advisors and valuers. Besides very good financial modelling skills, soft skills such as communication and team-fit are important.
The main tasks are:
· Support fund management team in strategic and operational tasks following the entire investment process, with a focus on the analytical part
· Work on cash flow models, both on existing asset/ portfolio level and transactions, in order to ensure investment performance for our clients
· Implementing and improving excel based IT tool for portfolio analysis and reporting
· Support fund management with investment strategy and performance analysis
· Support fund management in appraisal process and financial planning
· Oversight of asset management activities, such as budgeting and asset level strategic plans
· Ensure regular investor reporting and preparation for investor meeting materials
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· University degree in business, economics or similar.
· Affinity to financial matters and modeling
· Excellent Excel/Argus skills, good command of MS Office and ideally knowledge of Argus and SAP
· Ideally first real estate experience in the relevant European markets, preferably in acquisition or fund management
· Fluent in German and English. Additional European languages would be an advantage
· Knowledge of relevant European property market and capital market practices
· Highly developed verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a European team
· Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously