We are searching for a Head of Real Estate Investment (m/f/x) for the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. The role is based in Potsdam, Germany. The Foundation has additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
Who We Are
We are the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. We have the mandate to generate income, and preserve and grow the wealth of the Hasso Plattner Foundation – with the ultimate goal of funding existing and new philanthropic initiatives into perpetuity.
We aim to generate high, risk-adjusted returns and invest capital in global public equities, leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital, hedge funds and real assets. We invest with trusted external fund managers, in real estate, and selectively via direct co-investments of businesses, especially in enterprise software and digital health sectors.
Our investment strategy focuses on long-term equity ownership and risk diversification. The investment office seeks out external partners with entrepreneurial spirit, an ingrained moral compass, and a drive to make a positive impact. We invest to create value for both shareholders and society. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations guide our investment decisions deeply.
What else do we offer you?
- A driven team of professionals working towards a common goal with lean hierarchies and swift decision-making processes
- A competitive compensation package
- Working in a beautiful office that offers catered lunch, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
- Actively manage the existing global real estate portfolio and development projects, primarily in Germany with focus on the Berlin/Brandenburg area
- Work within the Investment Team and run the full real estate investment cycle from sourcing to divestment
- Manage a small, dedicated Real Estate Operations and Development Group that reports to you
- Collaborate with clients, internal stakeholders, external service providers and/or advisors
- Maintain and grow network of brokers, legal advisors, accountants and other service professionals in the real estate investment life cycle
- Partner with Investment Controlling in maintaining up-to-date and complete asset and performance data for all real estate investments
Applicants should have:
- At least 5 years of experience in real estate investment with an asset manager or investment fund
- At least 3 years of experience in real estate development
- Leadership experience and track-record of managing change in operations and process management
- Strong negotiation skills
- High academic achievement in bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering
- Excellent analytical skills and a structured working style with high attention to detail
- Fluency in German and English is required