Senior Development Manager (m/f/d)
The position is based in Berlin
What we do
We are a fast-growing smart real estate company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a high-energy team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are product owners, developers, engineers, business strategists, computer scientists and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities you have
- Close interaction with the commercial team concerning leasing and sales/after-sales activities.
- Leading the technical design team in one specific complex, large-scale development with focus on quality, timeline, and budget.
- Setting and reviewing the development budgets and manage the planning process.
- Managing and overseeing the juridical background of a development in order to cover development risks back-to-back including interdependencies with commercial and/ or legal aspects.
- Actively manage all external project stakeholders (general contractor, municipality, neighbors, local community, etc.).
- Supervising the environmental and political processes to obtain the building permit according to planning.
- Cooperating with internal tenant coordinator
- Forming new and fostering existing working relationships and networks with contractors, architects and other service providers to ensure timely and superior completion of the project and all deliverables.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple complex tasks in different stages of the development process.
- Work with internal teams such as investment and commercial to help support EDGE’s growth.
Skills you have
- Master's degree, e.g. in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture. An additional commercial degree would be helpful but no condition.
- At least 7 years of experience in Real Estate Development with technical development focus.
- Long term leadership experience (supportive leadership culture)
- Proven track record of leading large scale (re-)development projects from post-acquisition up to the date of handover.
- Experienced in the development of various office concepts, fit-out processes and managing assets.
- Knowledge/ enthusiasm about technical, sustainable and wellbeing aspects in buildings.
- Legal and transactional skills.
- Assertive, energetic and innovative personality with the ability to identify, address and manage conflicts. Understanding himself as result orientated and as team player.
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Understands himself as the Entrepreneur of the development.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills in German and English.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or want to apply? Then contact or send CV, motivation letter and certificates to Theresa Hoffschmidt (Senior Manager People & Organization) // firstname.lastname@example.org